Job: ISS Financial Analyst at fhi 360
Job Application ID: 2022200922
Supervisor: Project Director – Alive & Thrive
- The main responsibility of the ISS Financial Analyst is to support and assist the ISS department in financial planning, ordering, monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- This role will work with internal departments, projects and external vendors to ensure all invoices and orders are processed appropriately.
- This position reports to the Director of the ISS Operations Department.
- Process invoices and purchase orders, provide necessary supporting documentation, investigate and resolve issues associated with processing invoices and purchase orders.
- Manage the asset inventory process including hardware items, software licenses, etc.
- Ensure that monthly project reassignments and chargebacks occur correctly and in a timely manner.
- Create requisitions following the defined procedure.
- Assist with monthly closings, regularization process throughout the year.
- Create and manage various spreadsheets.
- Maintain and track required SharePoint documentation.
- Respond to all internal customer and supplier inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain records and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with established procedures.
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the position. It does not prescribe or restrict the exact tasks that may be assigned to perform these functions.
- This document should in no way be interpreted as representing an employment contract.
- Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- Baccalaureate or its international equivalent.
- 7-9 years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience in a public procurement environment.
- 3-5 years of experience with Deltek Costpoint
- 5-7 years of experience with Excel, PowerBI, Sharepoint and other Office365 applications
- Experience providing exceptional customer service, performing complex activities associated with maintaining general ledger accounts, and ensuring compliance with the company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Computer accounting experience required. Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate clearly and positively with customers and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently;
- Experience in non-governmental organization (NGO) an asset
Troubleshooting and impact:
- Analyzes moderately complex business transactions and financial statements.
- Review and determine compliance with laws and regulations; draws conclusions; makes recommendations for approval.
- Serves as a resource to others in solving moderately complex problems; identifies substantive issues that are the subject of in-depth and accurate research and analysis.
- May review and analyze peer recommendations.
- Contributes to the achievement of organizational projects and objectives.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to remedy.
- Supports internal and external audit requests.
- Explain discrepancies concisely.
Supervision given / received:
- Works under very general supervision.
- Work is reviewed for fairness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Recommends and/or makes a selection decision.
- Develops, implements and improves work plans as needed.
- May serve as a coach or mentor to love level employees in the department.
- May provide on-the-job training.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5+ years of progressively responsible financial analysis and pricing experience in a government contracting environment.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Field experience in the science or health field preferred.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
Typical Physical Requirements:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours staring at a computer screen and performing repetitive tasks on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to use:
- Personal computer/laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e. Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
Click here to apply