Job offer: Job title: Partner, Quantitative Financial Analyst
- British International Investment is the UK’s development finance institution, owned by the UK government. We invest with the aim of solving the world’s greatest development challenges by investing patient and flexible capital to support private sector growth and innovation.
- We have over 70 years of experience successfully supporting sustainable, long-term business growth in Africa and Asia, and have recently expanded to invest in the Indo-Pacific and the Caribbean.
- We invest to have an impact and a financial return which is then reinvested for more impact. Over the past five years, we have committed nearly £7 billion of new investment, with the value of our net assets increasing to around £7.5 billion. We are now invested in 1,200 companies that directly employ more than 900,000 workers and support many more. Over the next five years, we plan to continue our growth and aim to commit approximately £9 billion of new investment over the period.
- Our new five-year strategy responds to the opportunities and challenges facing developing and emerging economies. To ensure that our capital is used in the best possible way to respond to these opportunities and challenges, it sets out three clear strategic objectives: to invest in productive, sustainable and inclusive development. These goals mean an increased focus on climate finance, including investment in green infrastructure; on financing the digital transformation; and on achieving inclusive results, including through gender and diversity-focused funding.
- As part of our new strategy, we have changed our name to British International Investment (effective April 4, 2022), to more accurately reflect our central role in the UK government’s international finance provision.
- In recent years, we have expanded our presence in Africa and Asia by opening new offices in Bangladesh, Egypt, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan and Ghana; with additional locations opening soon.
- We take an entrepreneurial approach to investing. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and engage other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Make an impact. We are a growing team of over 500 people and place immense value on diversity within our organization.
- Learn more about us and the new strategy at
Overview of team and role
The Finance team produces regular reports and ad hoc analyzes for internal and external use. This role would be an associate level role supporting the team to produce the analysis and output presentations for such needs across the business.
The finance team is responsible for accounting, financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, investment accounting, purchasing and supply, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The team is made up of 21 people, including the CFO, which has grown over the last 18 months to enable it to support the growth of the company.
- CEO and management quarterly reports
- Annual report and disclosure of accounts
- Support the CFO and investment teams by a) ensuring data accuracy and b) consistent methodology to produce documents for internal review, markets committee, executive committee or board .
- Freedom of Information Requests
- Parliamentary questions
- Requests from the Board of Directors or the Executive Committee
- Contributions to external data surveys
- Must be proficient in quantitative analysis of debt, equity and fund products, with professional experience in financial services (Private Equity / Investment Banking / Investment Management, etc.)
- University degree in data science, finance, business, economics, mathematics, physics or relevant adjacencies (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Demonstrable interest in financing development in emerging markets
- Professional qualifications in accounting or investment management would be a plus
- Strong digital, analytical and data management skills
- Able to work with large data sets and clearly distill conclusions
- Experience monitoring, modeling and analyzing portfolios across products
- Experience in project management, effective communication and independent workflow management
- Coding experience with knowledge of programming languages or statistical analysis software is a plus
- Creative, innovative and entrepreneurial spirit. Take comfort in making a way where there is none. Likewise, able to prioritize and focus energy on key results.
- Ability to work collaboratively with industry and product teams and stakeholders at all levels. Likewise, able to scale challenges or obstacles to facilitate resolution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills. Experience with ideal professional writing.
Style and Motivation
- The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about the complexity and ambiguity of the markets and products BII operates with and should be: smart, fun, collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial, solution-oriented, open-minded and efficient, flexible in nature as the company continues to grow and evolve.
- Must be strongly motivated by BII’s development mandate.
- Strong digital, analytical and data management skills
Our cultural values
We are looking for team members who aspire, like us, to give the best of themselves and to be:
- Impact-driven, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
British International Investment is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation or education.
date of employment: Sat 09 Jul 2022 05:53:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!
The Job Vacancy: Associate, Quantitative Financial Analyst post appeared first on Newspot Nigeria.
Go to source
Author: Newspot Nigeria
DISCLAIMER: Opinions and articles are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dmartpreneur Media editors.
ADVERTISE/PUBLICATE: Reach the right people at the right time with Dmartpreneur Media. Try advertising any type of your business to online users today. Please call us or whatsapp for your ad or post at +2348084971458