The Financial Analyst who will work closely with and report to the Chief Financial Officer, assist with budgeting/forecasting, reporting, analysis and reporting for operations, special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for monthly operating expense variance reports for management software.
- Manage the preparation, analysis and submission to the CFO of monthly financial reports, annual budgets and the long-term strategic business plan
- Perform monthly analyzes of variances between budget/forecast and actuals and review with project managers to reconcile variances.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions to be used in making investment decisions.
- Support the CFO in implementing financial policies, analyzing the financial and economic impact of business operations on business results, identifying and selecting the most appropriate accounting treatments in order to achieve the company’s financial goals.
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, corporate sources and personal interviews.
- Assist with cash forecasting and tracking of committed dollars for all relevant projects (such as AFEs, major capital expenditure projects)
- Quarterly variance reports required for reporting and external auditors.
- Participate in quarterly and year-end adjustments.
- Assist in the budgeting and review process.
- Forecast monthly operating expenses and spending plans.
- Responsible for the budgeting of assets, operating costs and projects.
- Assist field operations with cost tracking and reporting needs.
- Prepare and manage invoices for JVs or operating agreements.
- Account reconciliations for external auditors.
- Special projects, as needed.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in finance or accounting
- MS Office suite, especially Excel.
- Strong communication skills essential.
- Organized and independent person.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written skills required.
- Outgoing personality.
Click here to apply