Compassion Respect Kindness Empowerment
The Group Health Center is a progressive multi-specialty ambulatory care organization and is one of the premier consumer-sponsored health care facilities in Canada. As Ontario’s largest and oldest alternatively funded health care organization, Group Health Center serves more than 70,000 residents of Sault Ste. Residents of the districts of Marie and Algoma.
The Financial Analyst’s tasks include: preparing and analyzing financial statements (monthly and annual) and reporting any discrepancies between actual and budgeted; prepare year-end reports, including working papers for external auditors; maintain general ledger and financial reporting software/templates; compiling statistical reports and financial projections; assist in the preparation of departmental budgets; monitor daily cash balances and fund transfers.
- University or college diploma in accounting or business administration
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of two years of experience as a financial analyst
- CALIFORNIA; CGA; CMA; CPA title(s) (or in the process of obtaining) an asset
- Advanced knowledge and ability with computerized accounting applications, spreadsheets and work processing applications; Microsoft Excel and Word ∙ Excellent analytical, organizational and prioritization skills; able to meet deadlines
- Well-developed skills in self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently within a team
- Excellent prioritization and workflow skills (both proactive and reactive)
- Superior ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and emerging issues
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated effort to live GHC values
- The salary range is $55,000 to $60,000 depending on experience, with a generous benefits package, pension plan, vacation and time off.
- Monday to Friday – Hours of Operation
- Weekends and Holidays
Applications By: February 16, 2022 – Please apply to [email protected]
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating their qualifications for the position by February 16, 2022. Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and the required skills and abilities as outlined above.
Group Health Center is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free application and interview process and work environment. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Candidates should make any requests for accommodations for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources department at 705-759-5513.
We thank all applicants, but only successful applicants will be contacted. *Please note that the Group Health Center is an odor sensitive organization.